“Wisdom is a tree of life.” In this blog post, we’ll be exploring some of the best wisdom quotes out there. We’ll discuss what each quote means and how it can be applied to your life. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy these wise words from some of history’s most insightful minds.
It can be difficult to know how to live a wise life. We all want to be happy and fulfilled, but it’s not always clear how to get there. Luckily, there are some things you can do to become a more mindful and connected individual
A life of wisdom is one of the most important things a person can have. A life of wisdom brings happiness, peace, and fulfillment. It allows a person to live their life in the best way possible and to make the most of their opportunities.
A life of wisdom is not easy to obtain, but it is worth it. It takes hard work, dedication, and a lot of effort. But it is worth it, because a life of wisdom brings so many benefits.
A life of wisdom is not just about knowing a lot of information. It is also about living a good life and making good decisions. It is about being kind, compassionate, and understanding. It is about doing the right thing, even when it is not easy.
A life of wisdom is a life well-lived. It is a life that is full of happiness, peace, and joy. It is a life that is worth the effort.
A life lived wisely is one that is full of purpose and meaning. It is a life that is well-rounded and balanced, one that is not just about acquiring things but about learning and growing as a person. A wise life is one that is lived with intention and purpose, and is not just a series of random events.
There are many components to a wise life, but some of the most important ones are:
- Living in the present.
- Focusing on your strengths.
- Cultivating relationships.
- Being authentic.
- Pursuing your passions.
- Giving back.
- Embracing change.
- Staying positive.
- Leading by example.
- Striving for balance.
Here are some of our favorite wisdom quotes to help get your day started off on the right foot.
65 Wisdom Quotes
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
2. “The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
3. “Honesty is the first book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
4. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” – Albert Einstein
5. “Wisdom is having things right in your life and knowing why.” – William Stafford
6. “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”
7. “Wisdom is the oneness of mind that guides and permeates all things.” – Heraclitus
8. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
9. “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” – Isaac Asimov
10. “Wisdom is the right use of knowledge.” – Charles Spurgeon
11. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
12. “Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.” -Frank Sonnenberg
Quotes of Wisdom
13. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” – Anton Chekhov
14. “Wisdom is the right use of knowledge.” – Charles Spurgeon
15. “Happy is the man who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding.” – Anonymous
16. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Don’t Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.”
18. “Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex.” – Norman Vincent Peale
19. “Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.” – Brian Rathbone
20. “Wisdom is not wisdom when it is derived from books alone.” – Anonymous
21. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it” – Albert Einstein
22. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” – Socrates
23. “Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling.” – Carl Gustav Jung
Wisdom Quotes About Life
24. “Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.” – Sandra Carey
25. “Wisdom ain’t a virtue I ever aspired to.” – Moira Young
26. “Wisdom is the daughter of experience” – Leonardo da Vinci
27. “Wisdom is not wisdom when it is derived from books alone.” – Anonymous
28. “We learn from failure, not from success!” – Bram Stoker
29. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Silence does not always mark wisdom.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
31. “Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.” – Sophocles”
32. “If we don’t change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going.”- Jodi Picoult
33. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Spiritual Wisdom Quotes
34. “It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
35. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. -Aristotle
36. “Ignorance is hardly unusual, Miss Davar. The longer I live, the more I come to realize that it is the natural state of the human mind. There are many who will strive to defend its sanctity and then expect you to be impressed with their efforts.” – Brandon Sanderson
37. “The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” – Wallace Stegner
38. “Your mind is precious. It has the power to unlock infinite possibilities.” – Joel Annesley
39. “Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
40. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.”- Socrates
Wisdom Quotes to Live By
41. “Learn how to take criticism seriously but not personally.” -Hillary Clinton
42. “God is the supreme uncreated light of which Wisdom is born, but there was never a time when God’s Wisdom did not exist.” – Merritt Y. Hughes
43. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renard
44. “Intelligence alone is not nearly enough when it comes to acting wisely.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsk
45. “Before this generation lose the wisdom, one advice – read books.” – Amit Kalantri
46. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
47. “The greatest wisdom consists in knowing one’s own follies.” – Madeleine De Souvre Sable
48. “You can never know everything. Part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of knowledge lies in going on anyway.” – Robert Jordan
49. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” – Confucius
50. “Morality is temporary, wisdom is permanent.” – Hunter S. Thompson
Inspiring Wisdom Quotes
51. “Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil.” – Robert Heinlein
52. “The beginning of wisdom, as they say. When you’re seventeen you know everything. When you’re twenty-seven if you still know everything you’re still seventeen.” – Ray Bradbury
53. “To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” – Bertrand Russell
54. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” – Pablo Picasso
55. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
56. “Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish…. Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” – HERMANN HESSE
57. “The older you get, the more quiet you become. Life humbles you so deeply as you age. You realize how much nonsense you’ve waste time on.” – Anonymous
Thought-Provoking Wisdom Quotes
58. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
59. “Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and just listen. No more is needed. Being still, looking, and listening activates the non-conceptual intelligence within you. Let stillness direct your words and actions.” – Eckhart Tolle
60. “Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child.” – Ron Wild
61. “The kind of man who always thinks that he is right, that his opinions, his pronouncements, are the final word, when once exposed shows nothing there. But a wise man has much to learn without a loss of dignity. – Sophocles
62. “Great acts are made up of small deeds.” – Lao Tzu
63. “Wisdom comes only through suffering.” – Aeschylus
64. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you do the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
65. “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
66. “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin