Winston Churchill quotes continue to be studied and admired to this day. was one of the most influential and respected leaders of the 20th century. He was known for his wit, wisdom, and tenacity. Here are some of his most famous quotes.
- 15 Winston Churchill Quotes About Success
- 22 Winston Churchill Quotes on Life
- 13 Winston Churchill Quotes on leadership
- Winston Churchill Short Biography
Winston Churchill Quotes About Success
1. “If you are going through hell, keep going.”
2. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
3. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
4. “Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.”
5. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”
6. “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
7. “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”
10. “Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.”
11. “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.”
12. “There is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.”
13. “Nothing makes a man more reverent than a library.”
14. “It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.”
15. “I like things to happen, and if they don’t happen I like to make them happen.”
Winston Churchill Quotes on Life
16. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
17. “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”
18. “Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your mouth shut.”
19. “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.”
20. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
21. Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen’
22. “When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
23. “You create your own universe as you go along.”
24. I have in my life concentrated more on self-expression than self-denial.
25. “Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”
26. “Vengeance is the most costly and dissipating of luxuries.”
27. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
28. “Never, never, never give in!”
29. “A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.”
30. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
31. “In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.”
32. “Every man should ask himself each day whether he is not too readily accepting negative solutions”
33. “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
34. “It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.”
35. Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
36. “Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it has been said, it is the quality which guarantees all others.”
37. “One always measures friendships by how they show up in bad weather.”
Winston Churchill Quotes on leadership
38. “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
39. “The price of greatness is responsibility.”
40. “A good speech should be like a woman’s skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.”
41. “We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”
42. “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”
42. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.”
43. “If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.”
44. “Study history, study history. In history lies all the secrets of statecraft.”
45. “If you destroy a free market you create a black market.”
46. “In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable.”
47. “In a war, you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times.”
48. ” Politics is not a game. It is an earnest business.”
Please be aware that this post contains affiliate links (I only endorse services that I use and believe in), and any purchase made through such links will earn me a small commission.
49. “You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.”
50. “it is the people who control the Government, not the Government the people.”
A Must Read: Churchill: Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts
Well-written and filled with a wealth of fresh information that sheds more light on his character and the reasons behind his actions.
Who was Winston Churchill?
Winston Churchill was born on November 30th, 1874, to a wealthy family in England. Despite his family’s money, Churchill struggled in school and was often in trouble. However, he found his passion in politics and quickly rose through the ranks.
He became one of the most famous and influential leaders of World War II, showing immense courage and leadership in the face of danger. Churchill’s biography is a tale of determination and heroism and is a must-read for anyone interested in history.
Churchill was a British statesman, soldier, and writer . He served in a variety of roles throughout his career, including as First Lord of the Admiralty, Minister of Munitions, Secretary of State for War, Secretary of State for Air, and Secretary of State for the Colonies.
He is best remembered for his leadership during World War II, when he served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Churchill was a talented writer and orator, and he used his skills to fight for what he believed in. He was a strong supporter of democracy, and he was willing to stand up to anyone who tried to undermine it.
He was also a great leader during times of crisis. When he led the fight against Nazi Germany in World War II.