William Arthur Ward was a prolific writer and speaker who left a lasting legacy in the form of quotes that inspire and motivate people. Here are some of William Arthur Ward quotes on life, Success and happiness.
William Arthur Ward was born on December 17, 1921, in Louisiana. He was an American creative genius, known for his poetic and inspirational writing.
He is best known for his inspirational writing, which has been published in numerous magazines and collections. His writing is often based on his own life experiences, which makes it all the more relatable for his readers.
Ward had a unique ability to find the good in every situation, no matter how difficult it may be, and to share that with others. This has helped countless people to find hope in their own lives, even when things seemed bleak.
Many different publications, including “Reader’s Digest,” “The Upper Room,” “Science of Mind,” “The Christian Advocate,” and “The Methodist Layman,” published Ward’s articles. His column was featured in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. For his professional work and literary contributions, Ward was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Oklahoma City University in 1962.
36 William Arthur Ward Quotes
1.“A life lived without forgiveness is a prison.”
2. “God gave you a gift of 86 400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you ”
3. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
4. “if you can imagine it, you can achieve it, if you can dream it, you can become it”
5. “Happiness is an inside job”
6. “We must be silent before we can listen. We must listen before we can learn. We must learn before we can prepare. We must prepare before we can serve. We must serve before we can lead.”
7. “When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.”
8. “Failure is delay but not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street.”
9. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.”
10. “Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn’t always have to be their top priority.”
Inspirational William Arthur Ward Quotes
11. “The greatest hazard in life is to risk NOTHING.”
12. “Nothing limits achievement like small things; nothing expands possibilities like unleashed imagination.”
13. “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”
14. “The optimist lives on the peninsula of infinite possibilities; the pessimist is stranded on the island of perpetual indecision.”
15. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
16. “Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.”
17. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
18. “Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others.”
19. “We can learn much from wise words, little from wisecracks, and less from wise guys. ”
20. “A friend is one with whom you are comfortable, to whom you are loyal, through whom you are blessed, and for whom you are grateful.”
21. “Lose yourself in generous service and every day can be a most unusual day, a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day!”
22. “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records. ”
23. “Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.”
24. “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.”
25. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
26. “We can choose to throw stones, to stumble on them, to climb over them, or to build with them.”
27. “Work while others are wishing.”
28. “It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses.”
29. “Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, and character.”
30. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.”
31. “Opportunities are like sunrises.If you wait too long , You miss them”
32. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.”
33. “Today is a most unusual day, because we have never lived it before; we will never live it again; it is the only day we have.”
34. “A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strenghs; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
35. “Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.”
36. “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of like is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.”
William Arthur Ward was known for his motivational quotes, and we hope you enjoyed reading them! Ward’s quotes are a great way to start your day, or to get you through a tough situation. We hope you’ll continue to find inspiration in Ward’s words.
His quotes are simple, honest, and direct, and they speak to the heart of the human experience. They remind us that we are all capable of greatness, that we are all connected to one another, and that the best way to live our lives is with kindness and compassion.
If you’re looking for some words of wisdom to help you through life’s challenges, or if you just want to be inspired by some beautiful writing, then William Arthur Ward is definitely worth reading.