- Inspirational Thomas Edison Quotes
- Thomas Edison Facts
- Quotes of Thomas Edison on Hard Work
- Thomas Edison Short Biograph
- What did Thomas Edison invent?
46 Thomas Edison Quotes
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
2. “Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.”
3. “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.”
4. “I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.”
5. “You can’t realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with.”
6. “The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast.”
7. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose.”
8. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.”
9. “Not everything of value in life comes from books- experience the world.”
10. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
11. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
Short Inspirational Thomas Edison Quotes
12. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.”
13. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
14. “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”
15. “To have a great idea, have a lot of them.”
16. Discontent is the first necessity of progress.
17. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability.”
18. “Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.”
19. “I find out what the world needs. Then I go ahead and try to invent it”
20. “There are no rules here — we’re trying to accomplish something.”
21. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.”
22. “I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill.”
23. “I don’t live with the past; I am living for today and tomorrow.”
24. Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.
25. “I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an intelligent creator.”
26. “Great ideas originate in the muscles.”
27. Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.
28. “Vision without execution is hallucination.”
29. “I start where the last man left off.”
30. “There is no substitute for hard work.”
Thomas Edison Facts
Thomas Edison was a renowned inventor and businessman who, despite having little formal education, became one of the most prolific inventors in history. He was born on February 11, 1847, in Milan, Ohio, but moved to Michigan with his family at the age of seven.
He was considered an average student, but his interest in science and invention became apparent early on. He started his business career in 1869 as an employee of the Western Union Telegraph Company in Boston, Massachusetts.
Quotes of Thomas Edison on Hard Work
31. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
32. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
33. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.”
34. “Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
35. “We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.”
36. “Anything that won’t sell, I don’t want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.”
37. “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
38. “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.”
39. “The man who doesn’t make up his mind to cultivate the habit of thinking misses the greatest pleasure in life.”
40. “Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.”
41. “The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. ~ ”
42. “The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.”
43. “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.”
44. “Hard work, nothing to divert my thought, clear air and simple food made my life very pleasant.”
46. “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.”
47. “Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious.”
48. “The secret of success is focus of purpose.”
49. “I never view mistakes as failures. They are simply opportunities to find out what doesn’t work.”
50. “What you are will show in what you do.”
Who Was Thomas Edison?
Thomas Edison was an American inventor and businessman who developed and made commercially available a number of key inventions. He is responsible for some of the most significant inventions in history, including the light bulb, the phonograph, and the motion picture camera.
Please be aware that this post contains affiliate links (I only endorse services that I use and believe in), and any purchase made through such links will earn me a small commission.
Edison was a true pioneer in the field of electricity, and his work has had a profound impact on the world as we know it. He was a true visionary, and his inventive spirit has inspired generations of people to pursue their own dreams. Thomas Edison was truly one of the most remarkable people of his time, and his legacy continues to this day.
Edison was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.
A Must Read: Thomas Edison: Inspiration and Hard Work
What did Thomas Edison invent?
Edison developed the first successful electric light bulb, and he continued to refine his invention over the next few years. In 1883, Edison founded the Edison and Swan Electric Light Company, which eventually became one of the largest electric utilities in the United States. Edison also developed the phonograph and the motion picture camera, and he held more than 1,000 patents for his various inventions.
Thanks for reading Thomas Edison quotes. We hope you enjoyed our article on this famous inventor. Did you know that he was actually a vegetarian and a staunch supporter of animal rights? It’s true! Thomas Edison’s vegetarianism stemmed from his own love of animals. He believed that they were meant to be treated with kindness and respect.