Most people think of sacrifice as something negative: giving up something that you want in order to do something else. But sacrifice can actually be a very positive thing. It’s all about making choices and priorities. When you make a sacrifice, you’re choosing to do something that may not be easy, but that you believe is important.
73 Sacrifice Quotes
- “Without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing. Like the first monkey shot into space.” – Chuck Palahniuk
2. “I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” – Lauren Oliver, Delirium
3. “Without sacrifice, true love is incomprehensible.” – Toba Beta
4. “There is no moral authority like that of sacrifice.” – Nadine Gordimer
5. “Sacrifice is the surrender of that which you value in favor of which you dont” – Ayn Rand
6. “Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – J.M. Barrie
7. “There is no progress or accomplishment without sacrifice.” – Idowu Koyenikan
8. “Anything that you cannot sacrifice pins you. Makes you predictable, makes you weak.” – Mark Lawrence
9. “You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You got to be willing to sacrifice sleep, if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.” – Eric Thomas
10. “Every job will demand some sacrifice. The key is to avoid unnecessary sacrifice.” – Sheryl Sandberg
11. “There is no progress or accomplishment without sacrifice.” – Idowu Koyenikan
12. “You sacrificed both of us once to bring me back to life, but what sort of a life is this without you.” – Graham Greene
13. “Love, yes. But sometimes love must sacrifice itself in order to remain love.” – Iris Murdoch
14. “Judge your successes by the sacrifices made to achieve them.” – Frank Sonnenberg
15. “To persist with a goal, you must treasure the dream more than the costs of sacrifice to attain it.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
16. “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – James M. Barrie
17. “Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” – Mitch Albom
18. “Good manners are made up of petty sacrifices.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. “Self-sacrifice enables us to sacrifice other people without blushing.” – George Bernard Shaw
20. “Truth often sacrificed for the sake of stability and peace.” – Toba Beta
21. “Success necessitates sacrifice.” – Habeeb Akande
22. “A successful life is not an easy life. It is built on strong qualities, sacrifice, endeavor, loyalty and integrity.” – Grant D. Searchfield
23. “If we succeed without sacrifice, it’s because someone sacrificed for us.” – Denis Waitley
24. “Love without sacrifice is like theft” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
25. “Love is not possible without sacrifice, and sacrifice is not possible without love.” ― Karen Kingsbury
26. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” – Mitch Albom
27. “One-half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it.” – Sidney Howard
28. “Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.” – Edward G.
29. “Marriage is one long sacrifice.” – Edith Wharton
30. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
31. “You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice.” – Kris Vallotton
32. “He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.” – James Allen
33. “We will sacrifice the fun and freedom of today for the glory of tomorrow.” – Emmanuel Apetsi
34. “A life of sacrifice is the pinnacle of art, and is full of true joy.” – Mahatma Gandhi
35. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” – Simon Sinek
36. “When you know who matters most to you, giving things up, even yourself, doesn’t really feel like a sacrifice.” – Kiera Cass
37. “The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success?” – Larry Flynt
38. “Sacrifice, compromise, adjust, or surrender. Do whatever it needs to be done to make your health a priority.” – Sarvesh Jain
39. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
40. “It isn’t sacrifice if you love what you’re doing.” – Mia Hamm
41. “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” – Mia Hamm
42. “I thought that all of the sacrifices and blessings of the whole history of mankind have devolved upon me. Thank you, God.” – Ben Stein
43. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – Abdul Kalam
44. “I understood now what it meant to sacrifice everything, to give your life to protect not only the ones you loved, but their world and what they cared for, as well.” – Julie Kagawa
45. “To sacrifice our principles on the altar of greed is to be fooled into believing that that’s the only thing that we sacrificed.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
46. “There is no greater sacrifice than the Lord Jesus Christ dying to save humankind from sin.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
47. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
48. “Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.” – Brandon Sanderson
49. “Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.” – Maya Angelou
50. “That is why your sacrifice was all the more difficult. You chose to be a hero not through enchantment but through your own manhood.” – Lloyd Alexander
51. “At the end of the day, we all want to win, so everybody has to sacrifice when you want to be a part of something special.” – Jayson Tatum
52. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” – Karl Lagerfeld
53. “Price ain’t merely about numbers. It’s a satisfying sacrifice.” – Toba Beta
54. “Dont sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” – Karl Lagerfeld
55. “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” – Mahatma Gandhi
56. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
57. “Sacrifices lose meaning without consequences.” – Drew Hayes
58. “The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you’re willing to sacrifice.” – Nathan W. Morris
59. “success awaits those who steadfastly commit to any requisite sacrifice” – Ken Poirot
60. “It is a clear gain to sacrifice pleasure in order to avoid pain.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
61. “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” – Michael Novak
62. “Love doesn’t please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.” – Kerrelyn Sparks
63. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
64. “Today’s sacrifice is tomorrow’s civilization.” – Abhijit Naskar
65. “Things aren’t gifted to you. Things don’t just come from an idea, from nothing. You have to work for them. You have to pursue them. You have to take time. You have to sacrifice.” – Ozuna
66. “One person’s sacrifice makes millions wake up from their sleep of indifference.” – Abhijit Naskar
67. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds meaning, such as the meaning of sacrifice.” – Victor Frankl
68. “Well, you have the right to make a sacrifice of yourself, but I’ll be damned if I’ll let you sacrifice me!” – Georgette Heyer
69. “I look at the sacrifice Belle made for her father and ask myself “Would I be able to do the same?” – Bethel Grove
70. “The artist who gives up an hour of work for an hour of conversation with a friend knows that he is sacrificing a reality for something that does not exist.” – Marcel Proust
71. “Life is more than burnt sacrifice.” – Lady Creole
72. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
73. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” – Mitch Albom
We all make sacrifices in our lives. Sometimes we make sacrifices for the good of others, and sometimes we make sacrifices for our own benefit. But no matter what the reason, sacrifice is an important part of life.
A Must Read: I wholeheartedly recommend this book. It is motivating and inspiring, and it offers many stories about real-world entrepreneurs who have accomplished a lot. However, they are all actual people to whom I could identify, so it seemed realistic. A fantastic book for a college student to read.
Here are a few reasons why sacrifice is important:
1. Sacrifice shows that you care about someone or something. When you make a sacrifice for someone you care about, it shows that you care about their wellbeing and are willing to go out of your way to help them.
2. Sacrifice can strengthen relationships. When you make a sacrifice for someone you care about, it can strengthen your relationship with them. This is because it shows that you are willing to put their needs above your own.
3. Sacrifice can help you grow as a person. Sometimes making sacrifices can be difficult, but it can also be very rewarding. When you make a sacrifice, you learn new things about yourself and grow as a person. You may even find yourself appreciating the things that you have more than before.
Sacrifice is an important concept in many religions and philosophies. It is often seen as a selfless act, where someone gives up something of personal value for the greater good.
There are many examples of sacrifice in our lives. Some people may choose to sacrifice their time to help others. Others may sacrifice their possessions or money to support a cause they believe in. And some people may even sacrifice their lives for others. Why is sacrifice important? There are a few reasons. First, it can help us to develop compassion and empathy for others.
When we see someone making a sacrifice, it can inspire us to do the same. Second, it can remind us of our own mortality and the fragility of life. This can motivate us to live our lives in a more meaningful way.
Finally, sacrificing for others can create a sense of community and connectedness. When we work together for a common goal, it can bring us closer together as a society. So next time you see someone making a sacrifice, take a moment to appreciate it. And if you’re ever in a position to make a sacrifice yourself, don’t hesitate to do so. It just might make the world a better place.