Looking for relationship quotes? You’ve come to the right place! This blog post is full of inspiring and heartfelt love quotes to help you through your journey to find love. Whether you’re looking for a quote to help you get through a break-up or to celebrate your relationship, we’ve got you covered.
There is no one formula for a successful relationship, but there are some basic principles that can help make any relationship stronger. By understanding these principles and applying them to your own relationship, you can create a foundation for a lasting and fulfilling partnership.
No one can predict with 100% certainty what will make a relationship successful, but there are certain things that are known to contribute to a healthy and happy partnership. To start with, it is important to have common interests and to be able to enjoy each other’s company.
Spending time together and sharing experiences is key to a strong relationship. It is also important to be able to communicate openly and honestly with one another, and to be supportive through both good and bad times.
Lastly, it is important to maintain a level of trust and respect for one another. If you can do all of these things, then your relationship is likely to be a successful one.
Maintaining the relationship.
It is no secret that relationships take hard work. However, many couples find that the work is worth it, as they enjoy the companionship, love, and intimacy that a healthy relationship provides.
Maintaining a relationship takes effort, but it is worth it. Here are a few tips to help keep your relationship strong:
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Spend time together, and make time for each other.
- Be supportive of each other.
- Work on resolving conflict constructively.
- Be committed to the relationship.
- Keep things fresh by trying new things together.
- Enjoy each other’s company.
- Support each other’s goals and dreams.
- Be loyal to each other.
- Love each other unconditionally
Here are some of our favorite relationship quotes to help get you started.
101 Relationship Quotes
- “I want to be in a relationship where you telling me you love me is just a ceremonious validation of what you already show me.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway
3. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” – Jess C. Scott
4. “In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.” – Taylor Swift
5. “Be honest, brutally honest. That is what’s going to maintain relationships.” – Lauryn Hill
6. “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.” – Marian Keyes
7. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
8. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” – J.K. Rowling
10. “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?” – Shannon L. Alder
11. “Still, she knows one thing for certain: never judge a relationship unless you are the one wrapped up in its arms.” – Alice Hoffman
12. “I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.” – Brené Brown
13. “Relationships dont always make sense. Especially from the outside” – Sarah Dessen
14. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” – Nicholas Sparks
15. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen R. Covey
Relationship quotes for couples
16. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
17. “Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you.” – Unknown
18. “A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman’s heart.” – Shannon Alder
19. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
20. “Trust in a relationship is very crucial. Without trust, a relationship cannot last as a healthy and happy bond.” – Alana Johnson
21. “Every couple needs to argue now and then. Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive. Long-term relationships, the ones that matter, are all about weathering the peaks and the valleys.” – Nicholas Sparks
22. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.” – Patti Callahan Henry
23. “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
24 “It is only when we no longer compulsively need someone that we can have a real relationship with them.” – Anthony Storr
25. “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” – Sarah Mlynowski
26. “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy.” – Bob Marley
27. “Relationships are never about power, and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself- to serve.” – Wm. Paul Young
“So long as there is a little real friendship and a desire to help each other that is sufficient.” – Nathan Bisrizki
28. “A relationship isn’t something that has to be created in a day or perfected in a day. Part of the game is to keep working on it. It’s something that’ll always be just a little flawed.” – Nora Roberts
Famous Relationship quotes for Instagram captions for couples
29. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
30. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
31. “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” – Edith Hamilton
32. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
33. “Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved.” – William P. Young
34. “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”- Joseph F. Newton
35. “This is what happened in love. One of you cried a lot and then both of you grew sarcastic.” – Lorrie Moore
36. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
37. “Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who’ll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you’re in the wrong house, that’s what it means.” – Henny Youngman
38. “What a relationship looks like on the outside isn’t the same as what it’s like on the inside. You can be more in love with someone in your mind than with the person you see every day.” – Jean Kwok
39. “Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.” – Jeanna Moreau
40. “In any relationship in which two people become one, the end result is two half people.” – Wayne W. Dyer
41. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
42. “Statistically speaking, there is a 65 percent chance that the love of your life is having an affair. Be very suspicious.” – Scott Dikkers
Trust and Forgiveness quotes for relationships
43. “No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.” – Unknown
44. “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” – Joyce Meyer
45. “Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.” – Karl Menninger
46. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
47. “Love is an endless act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you for hurting me.“ – Beyoncé
48. “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
49. “Don’t worry about hurting me, if that’s what you’re afraid of. I want to get hurt. At least I´ll feel something for a change.” – Katie Kacvinsky
50. “People will walk in and walk out of your life, but the one whose footstep made a long lasting impression is the one you should never allow to walk out.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
51. “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” – Doménico Cieri Estrada
52. “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” – Doménico Cieri Estrada
53. “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are.” – Stephen R. Covey
54. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
55. “Relationships are so much like the United States – they only really thrive when faced with an external threat.” – Laura Pedersen
Inspiring and Unique relationship quotes
56. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
57. “Lies don’t end relationships the truth does.” – Shannon L. Alder
58. “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
59. “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.” – Sarah Dessen
60. “The best relationships in our lives are the best not because they have been the happiest ones, they are that way because they have stayed strong through the most tormentful of storms.” – Pandora Poikilos
61. “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
62. “Fall in love with someone who makes you glad to be different.” – Sue Zhao
63. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
64. “There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it’s the endings we’re unprepared for.” – Katherine Owen
65. “It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
66. “If you love yourself you love others, if you hate yourself you hate others, because in relationship with others it is only you mirrored.” – Osho
67. “When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
68. “A great relationship is about two things: First, appreciating the similarities and second, respecting the differences.” – Unknown
69. “Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
70. “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.” – Alexandra Penney
71. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
72. “There’s no perfect relationship. All relationships are work. If you put in the work, you’ll reap the rewards.” – Jesse Metcalfe
73. “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s ok with them.” – Alain de Botton
74. “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” – Henry Cloud
75. “There isn’t any kind of relationship that’s all problem-free delightful unicorns. You can’t have a relationship without issues and prejudices. The way to be equals is if both people agree to be equals, and treat themselves and each other as equals, despite all that.” – Sarah Rees Brennan
78. “Forgiveness is the oil of all relationships.” – Anonymous
79. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”- Yoko Ono
80. “The end of a relationship is not always a failure. Sometimes all the love in the world is not enough to save something. In these cases, it is not a matter of fault from either person. Some things cannot be, it’s as simple as that.” – Ashly Lorenzana
81. “Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationships.”- Wm. Paul Young
82. “People generally didn’t cheat in good relationships.” – Emily Giffin
83. “The love expressed between women is particular and powerful because we have had to love in order to live; love has been our survival.” – Audre Lorde
84. “To respect the dignity of a relationship also implies accepting the end when it comes. Except in my mind, except in my dreams, where the aftertaste of her still lingers.” – Andre Brink
85. “A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.” – Greta Scacchi
86. “Nobody has ever measured—not even poets—how much love the human heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
87. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” – Oprah
88. “Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” — Hugh Mackay
89. “Each relationship nurtures a strength or weakness within you.” – Mike Murdock
90. “You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won’t mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.” – C. JoyBell C.
91. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”- Oscar Wilde
92. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” – Dalai Lama
93. “A beautiful thing happens when we start paying attention to each other. It is by participating more in your relationship that you breathe life into it.” – Steve Marabol
94. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving
95. “You know a relationship has deteriorated past the point of salvage when one person detests another’s gestures.” – Josephine Humphreys
96. “And you can’t have two stars in one relationship. Somebody has to be willing to be the wagon…at lease some of the time” – Meg Cabot
97. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Gustav Jung
98. “No matter how much you love someone, you still want to have your own way.”- Chuck Palahniuk
99. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
100. “Beyond friendships adding to the list of improving life success and happiness, experts also assert that supportive relationships improve our odds of survival by fifty percent.” – Shasta Nelson
101. “When in a relationship, a real man doesn’t make his woman jealous of others, he makes others jealous of his woman.”- Steve Maraboli