To make it on this list, quotes about change must relate to how you see change, or how you can embrace it and use it. Enjoy!
- How to embrace change?
- Quotes About Change and Growth
- Quotes About Change in Life
- Quotes About Change on Fear
- Quotes About Change on Love
Change is hard, but unavoidable. Your life will go through changes that you can’t avoid: Change in job, change in residence, change in company, changing from a student to an employee and back to a student again (trust me, I’ve been there).
Having kids and seeing them grow up; so many changes! The lesson learned from this post is that you’ve got to embrace the inevitable change when it comes your way.
Change is hard. That’s why we often procrastinate. But change is also inevitable, whether you want to see it or not. It is a natural part of our growth as human beings.
You do not need to run away from it or be at war with it. When we embrace change, we can smoothly flow with the current and take advantage of potential opportunities for self development and improvement.
As humans, we’re programmed to seek routine and control because it gives us stability in a chaotic world. That’s why change can often make you feel uncomfortable. It means relinquishing your power over a situation you have total control over. It can mean leaving behind the things that make you feel secure, like knowing what to expect from today based on yesterday. And it might mean opening yourself up to new opportunities and possibilities that you don’t yet know how to handle.
One way for us to get through negative change is to surround ourselves with positive things.
Here are 57 quotes about change that may inspire you during times of transformation around you.
56 Quotes About Change and Growth
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John Maxwell
2. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
3. “You must welcome change as the rule, but not as your ruler.” – Denis Waitley
4. The measure of intelligence is the ability to change” – Albert Einstein
5. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
7. “Dreams are the seeds of change. Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream.” – Debby Boone
8. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch
9. “If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
11. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
12. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
13. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne W. Dyer
14. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
15. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” – Oprah Winfrey
16. “Moving doesn’t change who you are. It only changes the view outside your window.” – Rachel Hollis
17. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
19. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
20. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol,
21. “The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.” – Kiran Desai,
22. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” -Leo Tolstoy
Quotes About Change in Life
23. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody. – Stephen Chbosky
24. . “Two people who were once very close can without blame or grand betrayal become strangers. Perhaps this is the saddest thing in the world.” – Warsan Shire
25. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” – Leo Tolstoy
26. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
27. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
28. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
29. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
30. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
31. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
32. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
33. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
Quotes About Change on Fear
34. “Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.” – John Green
35. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
36. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
37. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. -Steve Maraboli
38. “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Ginni Rometty
39. “In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
40. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….” – Erica Jong
41. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” – Roy T. Bennett
42. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
43. “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Mandy Hale
44. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
45. “Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett
46. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” – Maya Angelou
47. “If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
48. “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Quotes About Change on Love
49. “Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess.” – Lemony Snicket,
50. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.” – Robert Tew
51. If you truly have compassion in your heart, show it by keeping your doubts to yourself and sharing your hope with those who love change!” – Israelmore Ayivor
52. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
53. “The pain that you’ve been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.” – Romans 8:18
54. “I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change.” – Nicholas Sparks
56. “I am too intelligent, too demanding, and too resourceful for anyone to be able to take charge of me entirely. No one knows me or loves me completely. I have only myself.” – Simone de Beauvoir
Throughout life there are a lot of changes. Big and small changes happen. Quotes about change can help us get through these transitions. They can also inspire us to change for the better.