Persistence quotes are a great way to stay motivated. If you are facing a challenge at work or in life, these quotes will motivate you to persist and keep going. Persistence is key and if you are not persistent in something, then you will never win.
Persistence is the ability to maintain a consistent level of effort over a sustained period of time. It is often said that success is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. In other words, success requires a great deal of hard work and dedication.
People who are persistent are often able to overcome challenges and achieve their goals. They don’t give up easily and are willing to put in the time and effort required to see things through.
Persistence is a key ingredient for success in many areas of life. It can help you persevere through difficult times, reach your goals, and overcome obstacles.
There’s no one answer for how to stay persistent, as the approach that works best may vary depending on the individual. However, some tips for staying persistent may include setting realistic goals, breaking down those goals into smaller and manageable pieces, staying motivated and focused, and seeking support from others when needed.
Additionally, it can be helpful to keep a positive outlook and to remind yourself of your progress along the way. Everyone has different ways of approaching challenges and obstacles, so it’s important to find what works best for you and to keep pushing forward.
Here are 53 persistence quotes to help you through your day.
53 Persistence Quotes
- “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
2. “Do it badly; do it slowly; do it fearfully; do it any way you have to, but do it.” Steve Chandler
3. “First forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice.” – Octavia Butler
4. “Your dreams can come true through the power of persistence.” – Thelma Barnes
5. “Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” – Aisha Tyler
6. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be.” defeated – Maya Angelou
7. “Keep Going. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett
8. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
9. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
10. “Paralyze resistance with persistence.” – Woody Hayes
Famous Persistence Quotes
11. “Success is almost totally dependend upon drive and persistence.” Denis Waitley
12. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” – Roy T. Bennett.
13. “That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Persistence pushes me to be bold and seek out the opportunities I’ve wanted. It starts by envisioning what you want, no matter how big or small, and believing that you can achieve it.” – Belinda Johnson
15. “As long as there’s breath in You – PERSIST!” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
16. “To persist with a goal, you must treasure the dream more than the costs of sacrifice to attain it.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
17. “Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.” Josh Billings
18. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent” – Calvin Coolidge
19. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston S. Churchill
Inspirational Persistence Quotes
20. “Keep grinding! Stay persistent! One day you gonna wake up and be exactly where you dreamed you would be.” Eric Thomas
21. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
22. “Persistence gets you farther than brilliance.” – Robin Sharma
23. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
24. “It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down.” – Roy T. Bennett
26. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”- Bill Bradley
27. “The successful entrepreneurs that I see have two characteristics: self-awareness and persistence. They’re able to see problems in their companies through their self-awareness and be persistent enough to solve them.” – Alan Schaaf
28. My persistence comes from being committed to my goals and my willingness to keep going when everyone else would give up. Bob Oros
29. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” – James A. Michener
30. “Persistence and determination are always rewarded.” – Christine Rice
Persistence Quotes To Live By
31. “A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.” James Watkins
32. “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is, that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
33. “A powerful prayer is one that does not let go. It does not quit. It is profitable and powerful because it is persistent.” – Michael Catt
34. “Waiting is a form of passive persistence.” – Ogwo David Emenike
35. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
36. “With patience and persistence, even the smallest act of discipleship or the tiniest ember of belief can become a blazing bonfire of a consecrated life. In fact, that’s how most bonfires begin – as a simple spark.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf,
37. “The only thing that stands between dreams and reality is persistence.” – Abhijit Naskar
38. “There is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices and persistence.” Michelle Obama
39. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
40. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billy Jean King
Motivational Persistence Quotes
41. “Persist. Even when you’re heavy with emotion, pick yourself up bringing the axe of your actions down, repeatedly chopping at the day until you bring the sun low with success.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
42. “Energy and persistence conquers all things.” -Benjamin Franklin
43. “It is your determination and persistence that will make you a successful person.” Kenneth J Hutchins,
44. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
45. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence” – Colin Powell
46. “Talent is nothing without persistence.” – Dean Crawford
47. “Life is made up of a series of tests, trials, and great opportunities. Some are momentary, but most take endurance.” Michael K. Simpson,
48. “Remain persistent and don’t stray from your path. The power to change your opinion about yourself and your outlook on life is in your hands.” – Gavin Bird
49. “Persistence overshadows even talent as the most valuable resource shaping the quality of life.” – Tony Robbins
50. The art of love is largely the art of persistence. – Albert Ellis
51. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength” – Oprah
52. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
53. “Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.” – Marabel Morgan
We hope that this article about persistence quotes was able to provide you with some inspiration and motivation that you can use in your own life to encourage yourself to put in the hard work to achieve your own goals. If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends and family! Have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!