Pain quotes are a great way to start off your day. They can provide you with the motivation you need to push through the tough times and make it to the end.
No one enjoys feeling emotionally hurt, but it’s a common experience. Whether we’ve been hurt by a loved one, friend, or complete stranger, the pain can be debilitating. Thankfully, there are ways to heal the emotional hurt and move on with our lives.
The pain of emotional hurt is unbearable. It feels like your heart is being ripped out of your chest. You feel like you’re dying inside. The pain is so intense that you can’t think or focus on anything else. You just want to curl up in a ball and die.
There can be many causes of emotional hurt. Some people may be hurt easily because they are sensitive by nature. Others may have been hurt in the past by someone they trusted, or they may have had a traumatic experience. Whatever the cause, these feelings of hurt can be very intense and can seriously affect our day-to-day lives.
When we are hurt, it is natural to want to protect ourselves from further pain. We may try to avoid the person or situation that caused us harm, or we may bury our feelings and refuse to talk about what happened. This can be very damaging in the long run, as it can prevent us from healing and moving on.
It is important to remember that we are not alone in our feelings of hurt. There are many people who understand what we are going through and who are willing to help us through it. If we open up to somebody about how we’re feeling, we may find that we feel better as a result.
The benefits of healing emotional hurt are vast and varied. When we allow ourselves to experience and heal the pain we’ve been carrying around for years, we free up space in our minds and hearts for new, healthier relationships and experiences.
We also give ourselves the opportunity to live more fully in the present, rather than reliving the past over and over again.
In addition, when we heal our emotional hurts, we often find that our self-esteem and self-confidence improve. We become less reactive and more able to deal with difficult situations calmly and effectively. We also tend to be more forgiving of ourselves and others, and we develop a greater sense of compassion for the human experience.
All in all, healing our emotional hurts allows us to live more authentic and meaningful lives, and it can be an incredibly empowering experience.
Here are some of our favorite pain quotes to help you get started.
57 Pain Quotes
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
2. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
3. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “The marks humans leave are too often scars.” – John Green
4. “Pain will leave you, when you let go” – Jeremy Aldana
5. “Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” – William Goldman
6. “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” – Chuck Palahniuk
7. “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” – George R.R
8. “The cure for pain is in the pain.” – Rumi
9. “Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain.” – Bob Dylan
10. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” – J.K. Rowling
11. “One word Frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” – Sophocles
12. “If you love deeply, you’re going to get hurt badly. But it’s still worth it.” – C.S. Lewis
13. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” – Lois Lowry
14. “And so I wait. I wait for time to heal the pain and raise me to me feet once again – so that I can start a new path, my own path, the one that will make me whole again.” – Jack Canfield
15. “Face your life, its pain, its pleasure, leave no path untaken.” – Neil Gaima
16. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway
17. “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.” – David Richo
18. “Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim–letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor. – C.R. Strahan
19. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong Sally Jenkin
20. “I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning.” – Haruki Murakam
21. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” – Santosh Kalwar
22. “The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That’s the deal.” – C.S. Lewis
23. “Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others– it only changes yours.”
24. “Pain is the feeling. Suffering is the effect the pain inflicts. If one can endure pain, one can live without suffering. If one can withstand pain, one can withstand anything. If one can learn to control pain, one can learn to control oneself. ” – James Frey
25. “But who can remember pain, once it’s over? All that remains of it is a shadow, not in the mind even, in the flesh. Pain marks you, but too deep to see. Out of sight, out of mind.” – Margaret Atwood
26. “If you try to cure evil with evil you will add more pain to your fate.” – Sophocles
27. “Just like there’s always time for pain, there’s always time for healing.” – Jennifer Brown
28. “Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful…” – José N. Harris
29. “I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing, and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.” – Wm. Paul Young
30. “The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren’t the ones people see on the outside. They’re the ones that make us bleed internally.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
31. “Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it, but also the father who wipes away the tears.” – Criss Jami
32. “…when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure.” – Jane Austen
33. “Pain is only what you allow it to be” – Cassandra Clare
34. “We don’t even ask happiness, just a little less pain.” – Charles Bukowski
35. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
36. “If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.” – Zora Neale Hurston
37. “Sometimes it takes great suffering to pierce the soul and open it up to greatness” – Jocelyn Murray
Pain quotes on relationship
38. “Sometimes, pain is all that lets you know you’re alive.” – Robert Jordan
39. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” – Rumi
40. “Joy came always after pain.” – Guillaume Apollinaire
41. “It’s much easier to wear your pain on the outside…” – E.L. James
42. “It isn’t right to wish pain on other people just because they hurt me first.” – Veronica Roth
43. “Scars are just a treasure map for pain you’ve buried too deep to remember.” – Jodi Picoult
44. “Accept the pain, but don’t accept that you deserved it.” – Brandon Sanderson
45. “I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine.” – Henry Rollins
46. “Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” – Jonathan Harnisch
47. “Pain is weakness leaving the body” – Tera Lynn Childs
48. “It is beautiful, it is endless, it is full and yet seems empty. It hurts us.” – Jackson Pearce
49. “I may be in pain, but I am not weak.” – Veronica Roth
Famous Pain Quotes
50. “If pain doesn’t lead to humility, you have wasted your suffering.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
51. “Pain serves a purpose. Without it you are in danger. What you cannot feel you cannot take care of.” – Rebecca Solnit
52. “People cannot win against their loneliness because loneliness is this world’s worst kind of pain.” – Gaara
53. “If life is a journey then let my soul travel and share your pain.” – Santosh Kalwar
54. “Pain is necessary. Pain is life. Without pain there can be no joy.” – Rick Yancey
55. “Pain in this life is not avoidable, but the pain we create avoiding pain is avoidable.” – R.D. Laing
56. “The fear of losing each other is always stronger than the pain we cause.” – Krista Ritchie
57. “It hurts, doesn’t it? Giving someone everything you can think of. The wings to fly and roots to stay and yet watch them choose none of those, leaving you hanging in the middle of void and nothingness.” – Akshay Vasu