A life without motivation is like a car without gas. It may get you from point A to point B, but it’s not going to be very exciting or fulfilling. These 40 inspiring and motivating life quotes will give you the boost you need to get moving and live a happy and fulfilling life.
Life is just as good as you make it. It is a universal reality that you will make mistakes from time to time. But the good news is that you get to choose how you mess it up. Sometimes life’s questions are difficult, but the answers are straightforward.
The key thing to remember about living is that it is not about finding yourself. It is all about creating yourself.
63 inspiring and motivating life quotes to help you live your best life.
1. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
2. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the best.” – John D. Rockefeller
3. “You can’t control the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.” – Jimmy Dean.
4. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
5. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
6. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
7. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
8. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
9. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” – Bruce Lee
10. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
11. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
12. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
13. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee14
14. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
Quotes to help you find your purpose in life and stay on track.
15. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” – Allen Saunders
16. “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
17. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
18. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
19. “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” – J.M. Power
20. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Dalai Lama
21. “In the World through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself.” -Frantz Fanon
22. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
Life Quotes to help you find happiness and fulfillment.
23. “Life is not so much what you accomplish as what you overcome.” – Robin Roberts
24. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” – Michael Cunningham
25. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” – Kevin Kruse
26. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
27. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”- Andre Gide,
28. “Where there is love there is life.”- Mahatma Gandhi
29. “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” – Cassandra Clare
30. “If you are not enjoying your work, you are doing the wrong job.” – Zig Ziglar
31. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” – Roy T. Bennett
32. “Sometimes the biggest accomplishment in life is to find yourself.” – Luisa Fernanda Cicero
33. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Charles Swindoll
34. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
35. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
Life Quotes to help you stay positive and motivated in difficult times.
36. “Life isn’t perfect, any failures you have are actually learning moments. They teach us how to grow and evolve.” – Phillipa Soo
37. Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts. – Nikki Giovanni
38. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
39. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” – Mark Twain
40. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
41. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
42. “Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
43. “Hold on to your dreams of a better life and stay committed to striving to realize it.” – Earl G. Graves, Sr.
44. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” – Celine Dion
45rd life quote: “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
46. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” – Frank Sinatra
47. “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.” – George V. Higgins
48. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Søren Kierkegaard
49. “It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it’s called Life.” – Terry Pratchett,
50. “Our life and our success will be measured by the quality of the life we lead and the lives we touch.” – Sandra X Pradas Martin
51. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
52. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
43th Life quote: “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” – Steve Jobs
54. “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson
55. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
56. “In order to write about life first you must live it.” – Ernest Hemingway
57. “Live for each second without hesitation.” – Elton John
58. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” – Lillian Dickson
59. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
60. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
61. “The minute that you’re not learning I believe you’re dead.” – Jack Nicholson
62. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
63. “When life hands you a difficult situation where you feel undervalued and disrespected, be bold and brave enough to know your worth.” – Yai Vargas
My Favorite Life quotes are, “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” and Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts.