Lana Del Rey is an American singer and songwriter. She has received several awards, including two Brit Awards, two MTV Europe Music Awards, a Satellite Award, and nominations for six Grammy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. She was honored by Variety for being “one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 21st century” at their Hitmakers Awards.
51 Lana Del Rey Quotes
- “Will you still love me, when I’m no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?”
2. “We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art.”
3. “I believe in the person I want to become.”
4. “I mainly let my imagination be my reality. Fantasy is my reality.”
5. “Live fast. Die young. Be wild. Have fun.”
6. “when your happiness is someone else’s happiness, that is love”
7. “Springsteen is the king, don’t you think? I was like, hell yeah, that guy can sing.”
8. “I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I’m at war with myself I ride, I just ride.”
9. “I feel free when I see no one and nobody knows my name”
10. “Everytime I close my eyes it’s like a dark paradise. No one compares to you, I’m scared that you won’t be waiting on the other side.”
11. “No matter how many people give me advice, I am going to do what my heart tells me to do”
12. “Come on, baby, let’s ride. We can escape to the great sunshine”
13. “Summer’s meant for loving and learning; I was such a fool for believing that you could change.”
14. “There are violets in your eyes, there are guns that blaze around you. There are roses in between my thighs, and a fire that surrounds you.”
15. “Thank you for being here for bearing witness to my vastness Through the years I’ve called you in and out of my orbit You, in your madness the satellite that’s constellating my World”
16. “A touch from your real love, it’s s like heaven taking the place of something evil.”
17. “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.”
18. “Being brave means that knowing when you fail, you won’t fail forever.”
19. “I lost my reputation, I forgot my truth. But I have my beauty and I have my youth.”
20. “I used to wonder if it was God’s plan that I should be alone for so much of my life. But I found peace. I found happiness within people and the world.”
21. “Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping, and who is worth letting go.”
22. “I believe nothing happens by mistake. You know, the universe has a divine plan. That sounds dramatic.”
23. “Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough.”
24. “Feeling like you’re respected among the people who do the same thing you do is incredible and necessary.”
25. “The road is long, we carry on, try to have fun in the meantime.”
26. “Every time I close my eyes, it’s like a dark paradise…”
27. “A touch from your real love, it’s s like heaven taking the place of something evil.”
28. “Doing what you love is freedom. Loving what you do is happiness.”
29. “I’m very shy and I’m always embarrassed when people are interested in what I do. I’m not an exhibitionist.”
30. “Loving you forever can’t be wrong. Even though you’re not here, can’t move on”
31. “No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight.”
32. “If you are born an artist, you have no choice but to fight to stay an artist.”
33. “I measure time by the days I’ve spent away from you/ that thought occurred to me/ as i watched the sky go dark from blue”
34. “Do you know how expensive it is to look this cheap?”
35. “His Parliament’s on fire and his hands are up.”
36. “I believe in the goodness in me that it’s firm enough to plant a flag in, or a rosebud, or to build a new life.”
37. “When your happiness is someone else’s happiness, that is love.”
38. “Money is the anthem, of succes, so put on your mascara and your party dress”
39. “The world needs poetry now more than ever. It’s the only thing that can keep music from copying itself and sounding the same.”
40. “When I walk outside, people have something to say about it.”
41. “it takes getting everything you ever wanted and then losing it, to know what true freedom is”
42. “in my veins that roll you run citrus watercolor images of serpents on orange trees quietly arise and grow sweet in my midst”
43. “Find someone who has a life that you want and figure out how they got it. Read books, pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it.”
44. “I’m personally more struck by visual things more than musical.”
45. “Every time I close my eyes, it’s like a dark paradise. No one compares to you, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight”
46. “Being brave means that knowing when you fail, you won’t fail forever.”
Please be aware that this post contains affiliate links (I only endorse services that I use and believe in), and any purchase made through such links will earn me a small commission.
47. “I was filled with poison, but blessed with beauty and rage”
48. “Be Young, Be Dope, Be Proud.”
49. “Find someone who has the life that you want and figure how they got it. Read books. Pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it.”
50. “Come and take a walk on the wild side, let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain.”
51. “Because i have faith in man as strange as that seems in times like these”
Must Read! This book of Poetry is a pure art by Lana Del Rey.
Lana Del Rey Short Biography
American singer-songwriter Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, was born on June 21, 1985. She is known for the cinematic quality of her music, which explores tragic romance, glitz, and melancholy while making frequent allusions to modern pop culture and 1950s–1960s Americana.
Del Rey was raised in upstate New York but relocated to New York City in 2005 to pursue a career in music. Del Rey’s breakthrough came in 2011 with the viral success of her single “Video Games,” following a number of endeavors, including the release of her self-titled debut studio album. She subsequently signed a recording contract with Polydor and Interscope.
With her second album, Born to Die (2012), which featured the sleeper hit “Summertime Sadness,” she found both critical and commercial success. Ultraviolence (2014), Del Rey’s third album, debuted at the top of the U.S. Billboard 200. It made more use of guitar-driven instrumentation.
Honeymoon (2015) and Lust for Life (2017), her fourth and fifth albums, saw a return to the stylistic traditions of her earlier releases, while Norman Fucking Rockwell! (2019), her critically acclaimed sixth album, explored soft rock.
In 2013, Del Rey wrote and starred in the critically acclaimed musical short Tropico and released “Young and Beautiful” for the romantic drama The Great Gatsby. She has also worked on soundtracks for other visual media.
She made the self-titled theme song for the biopic Big Eyes and “Once Upon a Dream” for the fantasy adventure dark film Maleficent in 2014.
For the 2019 action comedy Charlie’s Angels, Del Rey worked with Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus on the song “Don’t Call Me Angel,” which peaked at number 13 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. In addition, Del Rey released the poetry and photography collection Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass in 2020.