In this Post, I’ve compiled some of the popular Kelechi Iheanacho quotes.
Kelechi Iheanacho is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Premier League side Leicester City and the Nigeria national team. He was born on October 3, 1996.
During the 2015–16 season, Iheanacho made his senior debut for Manchester City. He later joined Leicester City in 2017 for a reputed fee of £25 million.
Iheanacho was a member of the Nigeria squad that won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2013.
He made his senior debut for Nigeria in 2015 and went on to participate in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
17 Kelechi Iheanacho Quotes
- “You’re not gonna die for putting in hard work.”
2. “We need to get our mentality right, to fight until the end.”
3. “I learn and work really hard to get to the top.”
4. “What it requires is hard work. When you work hard, you get great rewards after that.”
5. “Whenever you get a chance, you take it.”
6. “It’s a dream come true to play in the Manchester derby and score the winning goal.”
7. “When you are not playing, you need to train harder. You need to keep faith. And when you come into the team, you have to do exactly what your team-mates are doing to help the team achieve something.”
8. “There’s nothing to enjoy about pre-season, you just have to work hard.”
9. “You see, when I was young, I loved playing football. But where I grew up in southern Nigeria, it was kind of like a ghetto. It was a tough place to be a kid. You had to work very hard to make a living there, and my family did not have the extra funds to buy a real ball.”
10. “Everyone is important in the team, whenever you’re playing, so you need to give your best and for the team.”
11. “We learn from our mistakes every day.”
12. “If I’m in a good position to score then I’m happy to put the ball in the back of the net, but if I’m not, and I see someone in a better position, I’ll give it to him.”
13. “My father was a trader and my mum was a teacher but she was laid to rest when I was 14, which was really hard for all of us.”
14. “When I arrived in Manchester for the first time, it took me five seconds to realize that it was a very different place than where I come from. It is cold, yes, but people also do things very differently than we do in Nigeria. The culture was different, and everything looked different.”
15. “Nigeria has a lot of Man City fans, and they’re going to have more every time I go home.”
16. “It was hard when my mother left us. I said to myself: ‘You must keep working hard for her.’ She was a teacher, a big influence. She made me work harder. So when I’m not doing something right or when I’m not playing or working hard enough, I remember what she used to say to me. She gets me moving. She pushed me to work hard.”
17. “It happens in football, sometimes you can face trying times or sometimes you can play.”
My favorite Kelechi Iheanacho Quotes are, “We learn from our mistakes every day.” and “You’re not gonna die for putting in hard work.”