I’ve compiled some of the most memorable Julius Malema Quotes.
Julius Malema was born on March 3, 1981. He is a South African politician and activist who is a Member of Parliament and the President of the Economic Freedom Fighters, a political party he founded in 2013.
He was the President of the African National Congress Youth League from 2008 to 2012. Malema was a member of the African National Congress (ANC) from the age of nine until he was expelled in April 2012.
Malema attended Mohlakaneng High School. He earned a two-year diploma in youth development from the University of South Africa in 2010. (UNISA). He enrolled at UNISA in 2011 to pursue a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and African Languages, and he graduated in March 2016. He received his BA (Honours) in Philosophy from UNISA the following year, in 2017.
Malema was charged with fraud, money laundering, and racketeering in 2012. The case was dismissed by the courts in 2015 after repeated postponements owing to inordinate delays by the National Prosecuting Authority, fueling speculation that the accusations were politically motivated.
20 Julius Malema Quotes
- “Chinese are like Indians. They think they’re close to whiteness. When they practice racism they even become worse than whites. There are even Blacks who mimic whiteness. All of this needs to be confronted.”
2. “You don’t have to be educated to be a president.”
3. “Our biggest problem is that our intelligence is not intelligent.”
4. “We are not fighting against white people, we are fighting against white privilege, we are fighting against white arrogance. We are not fighting for black people to oppress white people.”
6. “The time for reconciliation is over now is the time for justice.”
7. “Stop listening to the people who are saying they are not voting, those who are not voting are ANC people because they want to make it a general problem, it is not our problem. You must vote.”
8. “You can arrest me, but you can’t arrest my ideas.”
9. “Jacob Zuma built a 2 million rand swimming pool, but no one in the family knows how to swim.”
10. “We want an educated nation. We must send millions to graduation day. The first, second and third solutions to poverty is education.”
11. “The farms you live in will be yours for free. When mineworkers strike, it will be to complain that we are giving them too much money.”
12. “I know for a fact that Chinese are taking over strategic sectors in Africa. Their ownership is mounting up and is even almost worse than white domination.”
13. “They wear suits, that’s why they are lazy. They are servants, they are supposed to serve us. You can’t build an RDP house with a tie.”
14. “No one is going to eat until all of us eat at the same dinner table, it is dangerous to keep sitting alone.”
15. “I only debate with serious political youth formations. Not a group of the racist Helen Zille’s garden boys.”
16. “I heard that these whites are coming to march again, they will announce a new date. I’m thinking national chair we must organise a counter-march and meet them half way. We cannot allow white people to do as they wish in this country, like they’re doing in Palestine. Let them announce the day they’re coming back. Let us meet them toe to toe, let us teach them who owns South Africa. We cannot be harassed in our own country during apartheid and be harassed in our own country during a democratic dispensation by a nonsense Afrikaner community. It must come to an end, let us meet them toe to toe.”
17. “We are under attack as the leadership of the EFF because we are the only party that takes on White Monopoly Capitalists and its representatives.”
18. “We also want to call upon our fellow Indians here in Natal to respect Africans. They are ill-treating them worse than Afrikaners will do. We don’t want that to continue here in Natal. This is not anti-Indian statement, it is the truth. Indians who own shops don’t pay our people, but they give them food parcels. They must be paid a minimum wage. We’re not going to nurse feelings here.”
19. “I will always be in politics, I will die in politics. If you are removed from a position, you are not expelled, you are removed. Even if I am removed in December, I will remain a member of parliament.”
20. “Every land in South Africa should be expropriated without compensation and it will be under the state. The state should be the custodian of the land. … No one is going to lose his or her house, no one is going to lose his or her flat, no one is going to lose his or her factory or industry. All we are saying is they will not have the ownership of the land.”
My favorite Julius Malema Quotes are, “You can arrest me, but you can’t arrest my ideas.” and “The time for reconciliation is over now is the time for justice.”