Looking for some inspiration? Check out these Jerry Rice quotes. The Hall of Fame wide receiver knows a thing or two about success, and his words of wisdom can help you achieve your goals. Whether you’re looking to work harder or stay focused, Rice’s quotes are sure to motivate you.
Born in Starkville, Mississippi in 1962. Jerry Rice is one of the most iconic and popular football players in American history. His story is one of inspiration, hard work, and determination. Growing up in a poor, rural community in Mississippi, Rice was determined to make a better life for himself.
He worked hard in school and on the football field, and eventually became one of the most successful players in the NFL. Rice’s story is a testament to the power of hard work and determination, and is sure to inspire others to follow their dreams.
He was dominant in college, and then went on to have an even more impressive career in the NFL. Rice was known for his speed, agility, and hands, and he was able to make big plays when his team needed them the most.
Jerry Rice was a three-time Super Bowl champion, and was named the MVP of Super Bowl XXIII. Rice is also the all-time leader in NFL receptions, yards, and touchdown receptions. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and his number 84 has been retired by the San Francisco 49ers.
Here are some of Jerry Rice quotes on success, motivation, and life.
35 Jerry Rice Quotes
- “The Enemy of the best is the good. If you’re always settling with what’s good, you’ll never be the best.”
2. “Like I said, repetition in practice and hard work.”
3. “I think the thing about that was I was always willing to work; I was not the fastest or biggest player but I was determined to be the best football player I could be on the football field and I think I was able to accomplish that through hard work.”
4. “I want to do a good job. I’m just learning and I just want to have fun with it.”
5. “I had that hunger, that desire, to be successful and I wasn’t going to let anything stand in my way.”
6. “When you begin to lose the fire a little bit and if you’re not giving 100 percent out there, then it’s time for you to leave because you’ll end up getting hurt – I want to be able to walk away on top.”
7. “I’m used to performing under pressure, but that’s playing football.”
8. “Coming from the South, I just felt you had to work just a little bit harder. It was not going to be handed to you.”
9. “The same thing I applied to football, I applied to trying to be an actor and hopefully it came off well.”
10. “Today I will do what other’s won’t, so tomorrow I will do what others can’t.”
Motivational Jerry Rice Quotes
11. “I was always in search of a perfect game and I never got it.”
12. “Once you get your education it’s going to open up so many doors for you. And the sky’s the limit. So that’s what I want to deliver to students.”
13. “I was just a small boy from Mississippi, and now little kids are going to identify with me through this game.”
14. “The absolute worst thing a receiver can do is worry about not catching the ball or about getting hit.”
15. “I think I’m more muscular now than when I played football. I’m working hard on it. So many athletes just let themselves go after they stop competing. That was something I didn’t want to do.”
16. “During the offseason, I didn’t take any time off. And I played this game for over 20 years. So right after the season, I would go right back into my regimen.”
17. “To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.”
18. “You know, I never looked down the road and said, ‘Hey look, one day, the Hall of Fame.’ It’s always about playing each and every game 100 percent and I thank my teammates for getting me into the Hall because football is a team sport, not an individual sport.”
19. “My work ethic came from my parents and my fear of failure. I came from a small, predominantly black school and I didn’t want to let them down.”
20. “I had to work hard and hit the books because the opportunity to play in the NFL is not really that big, so I knew I needed something to fall back on.”
Jerry Rice Quotes on Success and Hard Work
21. “The things that are happening to me are unbelievable. I’m actually busier right now than when I played football. This is almost like I’m coming back out of retirement. It will be fun to see myself in the game.”
22. “I played the game with a lot of determination, a lot of poise, a lot of pride and I think what you saw out there…was an individual who really just loved the game.”
23. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”
24. “I think my secret is that there’s no shortcuts for hard work, determination and having that don’t give up attitude.”
25. “I went out there to play my game for the fun of it and never based my career around records.”
26. “I think I just went into a system that was willing to utilize me and gave me opportunities and I felt fortunate to be able to go to Oakland and put the silver and black on. I wanted to prove to everybody that I could still play.”
27. “Not wanting to disappoint is what pushed me to be successful.”
28. “Chiropractic was the key to keeping me in the game.”
Jerry Rice Quotes on Life
29. “People would look at me weird. You know, like, ‘Why is this guy’s hands always in his pockets?’ But I was embarrassed by the size of my hands.”
30. “I think with my hands, it was catching a lot of footballs and working with my father during the summer because he would always make me. My father was a bricklayer so I was a helper. My job was to make sure that he had bricks to lay.”
31. “There is still a lot of football in me and I enjoy watching the players go out there and be the best players they can possibly be.”
32. “Montana and I had a chemistry that was unbelievable. When I first came into the league he told me I added five years to his career, and I just think we complimented each other very well and were able to do some amazing things out on the football field.”
33. “I feel like I’m the best, but you’re not going to get me to say that.”
34. “This is how I started playing: I was playing hooky one day, and the coach and the principal walked up behind me. They scared me, and I ran, and they noticed I could run really fast.They wanted me to come out for the football team.”
35. “I think it was fantastic being in the 49ers Hall of Fame.”