Confucius quotes are a great way to start the day. They are a reminder of the importance of living a good life and being a good person. They are also a great way to get your day started on the right foot.
- Confucius Short Biography
- Influence of Confucius as A teacher and Philosopher
- Inspirational Confucius quotes
- Life changing Confucius quotes
- Confucius quotes on life
- Confucius quotes about love
Who was Confucius?
Confucius was an intriguing, captivating, and insightful thinker whose life has much to teach us about the importance of pursuing a life of virtue and moral excellence. Although he lived over two thousand years ago, his teachings continue to provide guidance and inspiration for people all over the world.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the life and teachings of Confucius, and see why he remains such an influential figure to this day.
Confucius was born in 551 BC in the Lu state. He was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher. He is the founder of the Confucian school of thought, which stresses personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice, and sincerity.
Confucius was a great teacher and philosopher
Confucius had a great impact on Chinese society and government. He taught that the well-being of a state depended on the moral character of its leaders and the people.
He believed that the best way to achieve this was through the study and practice of li (the rites and ceremonies of Chinese society) and yi (righteousness).
Confucius is also known for his Golden Rule: “Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.” This ethic of reciprocity is the basis for the Chinese concept of ren (benevolence).
Despite his many teachings, Confucius was not immune to criticism. Some people felt that his teachings were too abstract and impractical. Others thought that he was too supportive of the status quo and did not do enough to challenge the government.
Confucius had a great influence on Chinese society. He stressed the importance of education, good manners, and respect for one’s elders. He also taught that a ruler should lead by example and be fair and just. Many of his teachings are still followed in China today.
Inspirational Confucius quotes
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
2. “The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not.. Are both correct”
3. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
4. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”
5. “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.”
6. “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”
7. “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.”
8. “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.”
9. “The way out is through the door. Why is it that no one will use this method?”
10. “If what one has to say is not better than silence, then one should keep silent.”
11. “Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.”
12. “Time flows away like the water in the river. ”
13. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.”
14. “The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.”
15. “roads were made for journeys not destinations”
16. “Learn as if you were not reaching your goal and as though you were scared of missing it”
17. “Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?”
18. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be failure.”
Life changing Confucius quotes
19. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.”
20. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
21. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”
22. “You cannot open a book without learning something.”
23. “If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children. ”
24. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.”
25. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”
26. “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.”
27. “Knowledge is merely brilliance in organization of ideas and not wisdom. The truly wise person goes beyond knowledge.”
28. “Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.”
29. “Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.”
30. “If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.”
31. “Learning without thought is labour lost; thought without learning is perilous.”
32. “Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.”
33. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”
34. “Don’t do unto others what you don’t want done unto you.”
35. “Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.”
Confucius quotes on life
36. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
37. “If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.”
38. “Study the past if you would define the future.”
39. “We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
40. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.”
41. “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
42. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
43. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.”
44. “Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society.”
45. “If you don’t want to do something,don’t impose on others”
46. “To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.”
47. “Silence is a true friend who never betrays.”
48. “To see what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice.”
49. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”
50. “Attack the evil that is within yourself, rather than attacking the evil that is in others.”
51. “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”
52. “It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs.”
53. “He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.”
54. “To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order; we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.”
Confucius quotes about love
55. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”
56. “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.”
57. “Those who know the TRUTH are not equal to those who love it.”
58. “Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?”
59. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
60. “Love is like a spice. It can sweeten your life – however, it can spoil it, too.”
61. “To love a thing means wanting it to live.”
62. “I have not seen a person who loved virtue, or one who hated what was not virtuous. He who loved virtue would esteem nothing above it.”