Everyone who is in business knows how hard it is to get started. Well, it’s even harder when you’re just starting out. In business, you need to be able to keep going despite how hard it is. As Thomas Edison once said, “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” This quote is great to keep in mind when you feel like giving up. This is a collection of business quotes from a variety of sources. I hope it will help you feel motivated to keep going.
1. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
Instead of worrying about the fact that you didn’t get a business opportunity, focus on what you can do to create a business opportunity. There are infinite ways to start a business, and there are many opportunities that you can seize right now if you are willing to try.
Opportunities are out there, you just need to be willing to act on them. In order to do that, you need to start creating an idea of what you want, work hard to make it happen and start making changes right now. If you think an opportunity has passed, don’t worry and keep creating opportunities for yourself.
2. “You only have to do a few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.” – Warren Buffett
There are no guarantees in life, and you can’t win them all. That’s why it’s important to focus on your few priorities and avoid getting lost in the shuffle. While there’s no definitive way to know what the right things are, there are common guidelines that are worth following.
First off, have a clear goal in mind and never lose sight of it. No matter how chaotic things get, you’ll always have a clear way out. Another important tip is to learn from your mistakes and constantly strive to improve. You’ll never master anything if you don’t keep trying!
3. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney:
We can all achieve our dreams. The key is to try hard and never give up. Here are some examples of people who never gave up and achieved their dreams. Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper because his ideas were “too crazy” and he “lacked imagination.” He “never” gave up on his dreams of opening his own studio. He created an empire that will last forever!
Martin Luther King Jr. was once laughed at by people when he told them he would lead a peaceful protest to end segregation. People called him crazy and a fool! He never gave up on his dream of equality, and his efforts are recognized as a major achievement for the civil rights movement! So remember, never give up on your dreams.
4. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
One of the most common refrains that people often hear is that the tough times don’t last, but the tough people do. But did you know that this can be false? It can be, but only if you let it. That’s right, if you have the mentality of a weak person, then the tough times will drag you down to their level. However, if you have the mentality that you’re tough and nothing can bring you down, then you’ll rise above the tough times and you’ll be a better person for it.
5 “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” – Oprah Winfrey
Don’t worry about being successful, but make sure you are making an impact on the world. This will make you feel alive. If your impact on the world is positive you will be naturally successful.
6. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” – Steve Jobs
Aaron Patzer, founder and CEO of Mint.com, is a successful entrepreneur. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a BBA in Finance and a BS in Computer Science.
While he was studying, he created Mint.com and worked on it for five years before it turned profitable. It wasn’t easy for Patzer to continue working on Mint.com when it was in the beginning stages.
It was a lot of work and it didn’t have a guarantee of success but he is glad he stuck with it. One key to Patzer’s success is that he’s passionate about his work and is always trying to improve the company.
7. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg
If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out before you start. If you’re doing something you really love, you’ll be more passionate about it. You’ll work harder. You’ll work longer. You’ll be more consistent. You’ll care more. You’ll see ways to make things better. And because you’re constantly trying to make things better, you’ll often make them better.
8. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar, writer and salesman
People are always talking about how important trust is. They say that if you earn someone’s trust you’ll be greatly rewarded. In fact, you can probably think of several times in your life when you lost trust in someone, and eventually stopped doing business with them. It’s no wonder trust is one of the most important aspects of a business partnership. It’s important to acknowledge how important trust really is.
9. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
We can all relate to grief, disappointment and failure. Even the super successful face these things too. But just because others have failed or because we have failed before does not mean that it is the end for us.
Even the smartest and most successful people continue to make mistakes and get stuck on things. When you are facing a challenge or a setback, don’t give up. Even if it hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, you can always try again and again. Keep your head up and believe in yourself. Don’t give up, no matter what.
The most important thing is to “keep trying”. No matter how many times you fail, as long as you keep trying, you will eventually succeed. Success is not easy, it requires work and patience. But if you work hard, you will eventually get there.
10. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
What does it take to succeed? It’s easy to think that success happens by chance, or that some people are just born lucky and talented. But this is simply not true. In fact, it’s been proven time and time again that there is no secret to success and that the only way to achieve your dreams is to keep trying and keep learning. This is because you could be the best student in your class, but if you don’t try hard enough, you could fail a test anyway. This goes for anything. You could be the best writer, or the best musician, or the best athlete, but without working hard and preparing yourself, you won’t be able to succeed.
11. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
Success is a process, a long term process. It’s all about dedication, hard work, and consistency.
12. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” – Elon Musk
First, you have to have a passion for what you’re doing. The business world doesn’t have a lot of room for people who are just doing things for the money. If you don’t feel like you’re in love with the company you’re trying to produce, chances are the customers aren’t going to feel that way either. The next step is to get a mix of smart and talented people, who are willing to work hard for the cause. When you have all of that, you’re good to go and you can expect your company to grow to new heights!
Simple Business Quotes to Understand
13 “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
14. “There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.”- Sam Walton
15. “The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows.” – Aristotle Onassis
16. “There is no such thing as failure. Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “The great accomplishments of man have resulted from the transmission of ideas of enthusiasm.” – Thomas Watson
18. “Your income is directly related to your philosophy, NOT the economy.” – Jim Rohn
19. “A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” – Henry Ford
20. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
21. “A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
22. “I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.” – Donald Trump
23. “To succeed… You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
24. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” – Reid Hoffman,
25. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” – Jack Dorsey
26. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
27. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
28. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky,
29. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
30. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” – Joel Spolsky
31. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand
32. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” – Michael Arrington
32. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” – Joel Spolsky
33. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone
34. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” – Larry Page
35. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson
36. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking
37. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James
38. “It’s not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
39. “Incredible things in the business world are never made by a single person, but by a team.” Steve Jobs
40. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford
41. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
42. “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” William Durant
43. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
44. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” – Jeff Bezos
45. “It’s important to be willing to make mistakes. The worst thing that can happen is you become memorable.”- Sara Blakely
46. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
46. Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”- George Hérbert
47. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” – Larry Ellison
48. “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.” – Jack Welch
49. “To succeed in business it is necessary to make others see things as you see them.” – John H. Patterson
50. “The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin
There are times when we find ourselves in the position of having to make a decision that could change the course of our lives forever. It could be a career decision, a big move, a big purchase, or even a relationship decision that is life changing. Before making any big decision, you must consider the advice of others.
In fact, many of the biggest decisions in our lives have been made by listening to the advice and experiences of others. This post will give you some helpful advice to consider before you make that big decision.