Bill Gates quotes are a testament to his intelligence and insight. He is one of the most successful businessmen in the world. He is also a renowned philanthropist. Gates has said many wise things over the years. Here are some of his best quotes on business and life.
- Bill Gates Short Biography
- 15 Bill Gates Quotes About Life,
- 23 Bill Gates Quotes About Business and Leadership
- 12 Bill Gates Quotes About success
Who is Bill Gates?
Bill Gates, born in 1955 in Seattle, Washington, is the co-founder of Microsoft and one of the richest people in the world.
Gates was a bright student, and he developed an interest in computers early on. When he was in high school, Gates attended Harvard University, where he met Paul Allen, with whom he would later start Microsoft. Gates and Allen’s company became hugely successful, and Gates has been ranked as the richest person in the world several times.
Up until 2000, Gates led Microsoft as CEO before resigning and taking on the role of chairman.
Gates has also made significant contributions to the field of philanthropy. He is the co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world.
He has contributed billions of dollars to the foundation and is still a leading proponent of international health and education.
Bill Gates is a true pioneer in the world of business and technology. His work at Microsoft has revolutionized the way we use computers, and his philanthropic work is helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
Future generations of entrepreneurs will undoubtedly look up to Bill Gates as an example of success because of his lasting legacy.
Bill Gates Quotes About Life
1. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world… if you do so, you are insulting yourself.”
2. “Life is not fair — get used to it!”
3. “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.”
4. “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.”
5. “If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.”
6. “Whatever other resources you may have, you can always use your voice and your vote to effect change.”
7. “Life is not a continuous process, there’s some sort of finite number of achievements that defines your life.”
8. “Television is not real life. In real life, people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.”
9. “It’s the main thing I do in my life. I read and I chew glasses. That’s my job.
10. “Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast, or a bridge player.”
11. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes, and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.”
12. “The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.”
13. “Exposure from a young age to the realities of the world is a super-big thing.”
14. “Married life is a simpler life. Who I spend my time with is established in advance.”
15. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.”
Bill Gates Quotes About Business and Leadership
16. “Business is a money game with few rules and a lot of risk.”
17. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.”
18. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”
19. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
20. “The vision is really about empowering workers giving them all the information about what’s going on so they can do a lot more than they’ve done in the past.”
21. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.”
22. “In this business, by the time you realize you are in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless your running scared all the time, you’re gone.”
23. “If you give people tools, and they use their natural abilities and their curiosity, they will develop things in ways that will surprise you very much beyond what you might have expected.”
24. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.”
25. “I believe that if you show people the problems and you show Them The Solutions They Will Be Moved To Act”
25, “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.”
26. “But we can’t solve a problem like climate change without an honest accounting of how much we need to do and what obstacles we need to overcome.”
27. “The vision is about empowering workers, giving them all the information about what’s going on so they can do a lot more than they’ve done in the past”
28. “This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.”
29. “I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research and you learn the basic facts.”
30. “My dream is that every child has enough food to eat, good medical care, and the chance to go to school and even attend college.”
31. “We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behavior.”
32. “I have to admit that business-type thoughts do sneak into my head: I hope our customers pay us, I hope this stuff is decent, I hope we get it done on time. The little additions and subtractions that one has to do. Take sales, take costs and try to get that big positive number at the bottom.”
33. “Effective philanthropy requires a lot of time and creativity – the same kind of focus and skills that building a business requires.”
34. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.”
35. “If you want to do business with us, you’ll have to take climate change seriously.”
36. “The belief that the world is getting worse, that we can’t solve extreme poverty and disease, isn’t just mistaken. It’s harmful.”
37. “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.”
38. “We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we insist on their suffering.”
Bill Gates Quotes About success
39. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
40. “Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.”
41. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
42. “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.”
43. “Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.”
44. “Patience is a key element of success.”
45. “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.”
46. “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.”
46. “I am not a topper in my university but all toppers are working in my Microsoft company. “
47. “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.”
48. “Power comes not from knowledge kept but from knowledge shared.”
49 “I studied every thing but never topped.. But today the toppers of the best universities are my employees”
50 “The way to be successful in the software world is to come up with breakthrough software, and so whether it’s Microsoft Office or Windows, its pushing that forward. New ideas, surprising the marketplace, so good engineering and good business are one in the same.”