Babe Ruth was one of the most legendary baseball players of all time. He was known for his powerful batting and his amazing catches in the outfield. But Ruth was also a prolific speaker, and his quotes are still remembered and quoted today. Here are some of the best Babe Ruth quotes to inspire you to greatness.
Babe Ruth was born on February 6, 1895, in Baltimore. Ruth was a natural athlete, and he loved to play baseball. He started playing when he was just a boy, and he was very good at it. In 1914, Ruth was signed by the Boston Red Sox. He was a pitcher at first, but he soon became a outfielder.
Ruth was a very successful player for the Red Sox. In 1918, he led the team to the World Series championship.
In 1919, Ruth was sold to the New York Yankees. He was a great player for the Yankees, too. In 1923, he hit a record-breaking home run that was called the “shot heard round the world.” Ruth was one of the most famous athletes in the world, and he was loved by fans everywhere. He was also one of the highest-paid athletes of his time.
In 1935, Ruth retired from baseball. He died from cancer in 1948. Ruth is still considered one of the greatest athletes of all time.
25 Babe Ruth Quotes
- “Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.”
2. “Don’t be afraid to take advice. There’s always something new to learn.”
3. “I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run.”
4. “What I am, what I have, what I am going to leave behind me – all this I owe to the game of baseball.”
5. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game”
6. “I swing big, with everything I’ve got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
7. “Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”
8. “If it wasn’t for baseball, I’d be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery. I have the same violent temper my father and older brother had. Both died of injuries from street fights in Baltimore, fights begun by flare-ups of their tempers.”
9. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.”
10. “The loudest boos always come from the cheapest seats.”
Famous Babe Ruth Quotes
11. “Who is richer? The man who is seen, but cannot see? Or the man who is not being seen, but can see?”
12. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
13. “I swing big, with everything I’ve got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
14. “If it wasn’t for baseball, I’d be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery.”
15. “Don’t ever forget two things I’m going to tell you. One, don’t believe everything that’s written about you. Two, don’t pick up too many checks.”
16. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.”
17. “Love the game of baseball and baseball will love you.”
18. “I won’t be happy until we have every boy in America between the ages of six and sixteen wearing a glove and swinging a bat.”
19. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
20. “I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run.”
Inspiring Babe Ruth Quotes
21. “You should always go to other people funerals, or they wont go to yours.”
22. “The only real game, I think, in the world is baseball.”
23. “What do I think about when I strike out? I think about hitting home runs.”
24. “A man who works for another is not going to be paid any more than he is worth; you can bet on that. A man ought to get what he can earn. Don’t make any difference whether it’s running a farm, running a bank or running a show; a man who knows he’s making money for other people ought to get some of the profits he brings in. It’s business, I tell you.”
25. “If you try hard enough, you’re bound to come out on top.”
Babe Ruth: Legacy and Influence
Babe Ruth was one of the most iconic baseball players of all time. He was known for his powerful batting and his home run record. Ruth also had a huge influence on the game of baseball. He helped to popularize the game and make it more popular than ever. Ruth was also a major figure in the development of baseball as a professional sport. He helped to establish the concept of the salary. Ruth was a true pioneer in the world of baseball and his legacy is still felt today.