I’ve compiled some of the most memorable Ahmed Deedat quotes.
Ahmed Husein Deedat was born in July 1918 and died on August 8, 2005. He was a South African self-taught Muslim thinker, author, and orator on Comparative Religion. He was most known as a Muslim missionary who had multiple public inter-religious debates with evangelical Christians, as well as video lectures on Islam, Christianity, and the Bible.
Deedat founded the IPCI, an international Islamic missionary organization, and authored a number of widely circulated publications on Islam and Christianity. In 1986, he received the King Faisal International Prize for his fifty years of missionary work.
Ahmed Deedat suffered a stroke on May 3, 1996, that paralyzed him from the neck down due to a cerebral vascular accident involving the brain stem, rendering him unable to talk or swallow. He was transferred to Riyadh’s King Faisal Specialist Hospital. He learnt to communicate by using a chart and a sequence of eye motions to create words and phrases by acknowledging letters read to him.
Ahmed Deedat died on August 8, 2005, at his home on Trevennen Road in Verulam. South Africa
18 Ahmed Deedat Quotes
- “We believe that Allah is the only Creator & He sent us messengers & prophets to guide us.”
2. “Protect yourself, your children & the coming generations by knowledge and wisdoms.”
3. “Arrogance creates a mental block preventing you from taking good advice. Humility allows you to open up, seek advice, and imbibe knowledge.”
4. “The biggest enemy of Islam is the ignorant Muslim.”
5. “We want to make the world a better place but we are not prepared to improve ourselves.”
6. “Life is not guaranteed at all but death is absolutely guaranteed upon all, yet we still prepare for life more than death.”
7. “If your heart is always content, then you are the same as or even better than he who has everything in this world.”
8. “Language is the key to the heart of people.”
9. “someone says woman are the cause of problems in the world , yes I aggree because she suffer nine months to bring the fool that will later regard them as the cause of the problem”
10. “Peace with oneself brings about positiveness, calmness, focus, contentment, and goodness in our thoughts, actions, character, and being.”
11. “Your brain and your heart are the two most powerful organs in your body. Do not give control of them to anybody.”
12. “If I did despair of the mercy of Allah, I would not be Muslim.”
13. “When you keep looking for flaws in others, that’s all you’ll see. You won’t see their beauty. Start focusing on what’s good in people.”
14. “Life’s a constant struggle. Always try to do better. When others make mistakes, don’t look down on them. Help them up with your wisdom.”
15. “Christianity is not the religion of Jesus, but it is the religion of Paul. If Christians really followed Jesus, they would have been Muslims.”
16. “Don’t envy the lives of others. Often you only see the surface. If you delve deeper, everyone faces challenges. Each one; without exception.”
17. “Islam will win with or without you. But without Islam, you will be lost and you will loose.”
18. “Women – They are your mother, They are your sisters, They are your daughters, They are your aunts. They have to be loved and cherished and not for sale, So, I don’t advertise them.”
My favorite Ahmed Deedat quotes are, “Protect yourself, your children & the coming generations by knowledge and wisdoms.” and “Arrogance creates a mental block preventing you from taking good advice. Humility allows you to open up, seek advice, and imbibe knowledge.”